Thursday, February 15, 2007

Please run for President

Dear Tricia:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me with your kind words of support. It is truly a compliment to receive such positive feedback for the work that I am doing in the United States Senate. In order to effectively represent Illinois, it is important that I receive comments and opinions from the people I represent. I hope that you will keep me apprised of your concerns in the days ahead.

I am both honored by the privilege and excited by the challenge of representing the residents of Illinois in the United States Senate. In the short time I have been here, I have an even better appreciation of the opportunity I have been given to serve the residents of my state and the responsibility I have to you as your senator. My focus is exclusively on executing my duties as a senator to the best of my ability, and I hope that the majority of my constituents will approve of how I have conducted that job when I am faced with the decision of whether or not to seek a second term in the Senate in 2010.

Again, thank you for contacting me. If I can ever be of any specific assistance to you, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama
United States Senator
7/27/06

No comments: